Busy Canton company is currently seeking dependable candidates to carry out various tasks in their warehouse. This is a 2nd Shift position, M-Th 4p-2a with the possibility of overtime on Friday. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, with a team oriented attitude, excellent communication skills and a desire to grow. The successful applicant will be responsible for operating production line equipment, finishing products, inspecting finished products, and bringing a positive attitude to work.
Under the direction of the Truss Lead Assembler, assembles precut wooden parts to build roof and floor trusses used in building construction. Following instructions and job work orders ensures the completion of the construction of trusses for timely delivery to customer job sites.
- Locates truss lumber per setup paper work.
- Locates truss plates required for the job.
- Ensures lumber and plates used are per drawings specifications.
- Verifies dimensions of precut parts and accuracy of assembly.
- Builds trusses within drawing specifications and quality tolerances.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and truss assembly equipment safely and effectively within company safety guidelines and operation guidelines.
- Maintains a clean work area per Company guidelines for daily cleanup prior to end of shift.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduation from high school or GED with 1 year or more related experience and/or training in the building materials industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, sales orders, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using numbers, common fractions and decimals. Must be able to use various measuring tools.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, bending and reaching.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Canton, Ohio 44706