North Canton medical office is looking for a Medical Biller to work M-F 8:30p-5a. You must have previous medical billing experience to be considered for this position.
The job responsibilities of Medical biller include the following:
· To ensure that all patient information is accurate and complete and request any missing patient information.
· To obtain and review referrals and authorizations for treatments.
· To confirm patient benefits and insurance eligibility.
· To follow and adhere to all regulations and guidelines set by state programs, and HMO/PPO, etc.
· To transfer insurance claims and billing data to billing software.
· To create both paper and electronic copies of documentation.
· To develop and maintain a tracking system of incoming and late payments.
· To work with personal information and maintain patient confidentiality.
· To monitor and resolve financial discrepancies.
Education and Experience Required
· A high school diploma.
· A minimum of one to three years of experience in a medical office setting.
Skills set, abilities, and knowledge required:
· Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Should have a good knowledge of insurance guidelines as well as schemes like HMO/PPO, other payer requirements, and systems.
· Should be competent enough to use computer systems, software, and calculators.
· Should be comfortable to be a part of the team and work in a team environment.
· Should have a sound knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
· Should be able to maintain patient confidentiality as per the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996).
**If you apply and are qualified we will follow up with additional information on the application process.
North Canton, Ohio 44720